Re: Bleeding edge install: mysql, perl (also apache)

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 10:22:10PM -0500, Brad wrote:
> Check the archives WRT Perl problems in Unstable (especially the thread
> titled "Brave New Perl"). The short version is that they changed the
> versioning scheme on the perl packages in unstable, so anything in that
> depends on perl will be very unstable until all such packages are upgraded
> to the new scheme.

Thanks, I vaguely recall something like this.  I'll go back & read it
again.

> Weren't you warned that following unstable could cause problems? ;)

Yup.  That's why my workstation & server run slink.  But I need the
latest versions of PHP3 & MySQL for a project, which means potato, so
I am using a 486 to support this project.  I suppose I could get the
source & compile everything myself, but that seems so... so... un-Debian!

Thanks,
David

--
David H. Silber