Re: Bleeding edge install: mysql, perl (also apache)

Check the archives WRT Perl problems in Unstable (especially the thread
titled "Brave New Perl"). The short version is that they changed the
versioning scheme on the perl packages in unstable, so anything in that
depends on perl will be very unstable until all such packages are upgraded
to the new scheme.

Weren't you warned that following unstable could cause problems? ;)

The best solution is, if possible, to find the deb for libdbi-perl from
before the change (version 1.06-3 on my system, but i don't have the deb)
downgrade to that, and put it on hold until; things are worked out. Second
best is to go back to slink, at least for that package (again, put it on
hold). You'll also have to put several other packages on hold to keep the
system from attempting to update your perl to an incompatible version.