Re: iomega zip disk (100)

I just upgraded to 2.2.9 and when I do a insmod ppa or modprobe ppa, I get :
/lib/modules/2.2.9/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
dmesg tells me :

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2,EPP]
ppa: Version 2.03 (for Linux 2.2.x)
WARNING - no ppa compatible devices found.
  As of 31/Aug/1998 Iomega started shipping parallel
  port ZIP drives with a different interface which is
  supported by the imm (ZIP Plus) driver. If the
  cable is marked with "AutoDetect", this is what has
  happened.
scsi : 0 hosts

It worked just fine on 2.0.36, what did I do to screw this up?

--Jeff

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 12:54:31PM -0700, Nate wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 03:18:15PM -0700, Wendell Buckner wrote:
> > Has anyone out there attempted to use a iomega zip disk with linux?  I see from the invformation on the debian website that it can be done.  Has anyone run into problems trying to do this?  If so, please let me know, cause I plan on attaching one to  my Linux P.C. soon and I'd like it to go a smooth as possible!  I'm primarily doing this so I can put some of X -windows deb's on them(zip disks).  Some of the files are to big for a floppy and zip disk would be an ideal(available) medium that I can use.
>
> It is actually amazingly simple.  But you are going to need some background
> before getting started.
>
> You will need to know how to compile the kernel.  If you can't do that
> you can't do.  If you can never mind.  See Kernel-HOWTO.
>
> You will need to download the 2.2.x kernel.
> Simply compile the kernel with scsi disk support (compile it as a module)
> then in the SCSI portion
> of the config file (i.e., make menuconfig); also under 'additional
> low level drivers' say yes to iomega zip (the ppa.o and ppm.o modules).
>
> That's it. I would use the kernel-package application do compile the
> kernel.  After you save your .config file in the /usr/src/linux dir,
> do 'make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_package' this will build
> the kernel into a deb file so that you can dpkg -i the kernel in.
>
> This handle module installation as well.  Then modprobe sd_mod scsi_mod ppa.
> This will install the iomega drive capability and you will mount it
> on /dev/sda.  That's it!
>
> That's it.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Wxb1
>
> --
>                                 _
> NatePuri ("natedawg")		o m p a g e s . c o m
> Certified Law Student  		p e r c r v t i o f i
> McGeorge School of Law 		e d i c a e a n m   n
> Sacramento, CA			n i v e t r y   m   d
> publisher@ompages.com  		  a a s e y s t u   s
> n8fs0n@softcom.net		    t s d o   h n
> http://www.ompages.com		    e     n   i i