Re: iomega zip disk (100)

i've not used a SCSI or parallel Zip drive with Linux, but i have had
good results with the internal IDE version (100MB). to use it, you need
your kernel compiled with the ide-floppy support enabled.

i have found some Zip disks (media) that i couldn't mount under linux.
i don't know why, as Win95 would see them fine. i was using vfat as the
fs type, but mount would sometimes complain about it being wrong. i
couldn't trace it to anything. i did a mkdosfs on the raw device (for
me, /dev/hdc) and it seemed to format the disk and it would work fine,
from both Linux and Win95. kind of strange, but not a huge problem, and
i haven't experienced any other problems since.

i haven't seen anything about the 250MB version.

--
eric Farris  eafarris@bigfoot.com  www.bigfoot.com/~eafarris
Systems Administrator

This message composed in an MFCE (Microsoft Free Computing Environment).
Courtesy of Debian GNU/Linux  www.debian.org

A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.
  -- Max Lucado