Toshiba Mouse Problem

Hi all.

I'm using 2.1 (slink?) on a Toshiba satellite pro 410CDT laptop. It has a built
in mouse-like device called an accu-point.

I've been trying to use gpm with the built in device without success. I read a
few web pages about the toshiba and its mouse, and I've tried just about every
gpm combonation (e.g., -t ps2, nrc others).

Has anyone had success getting the built in mouse to work on this type of
machine? I'm a new user to Debian (and Linux for that matter), so I'd
appreciate any advice that can help educate me.

Thanks.

Stan Benes