Re: debian and LINUX 5.2 (6.0?)

George Bonser wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Juhani Ilves wrote:
>
> > So, is there any help available or is it better to forget LINUX and my Laptop?
> >
> > MOTTO: If you dont know you self, ask some else who knows!
> >
> > sincerely yours,
> >
> > Juhani Ilves
>
> This speaks loads for the debian support forums! Even Red Hat users are
> trying to get Linux help from the Debian folks. This tells even more about
> Red Hat's support channels.

	My father was trying out Linux, and having bought into the
premise that Red Hat is easier for newbies, I suggested RH to
him.  God, what a mistake.  He ran into the same types of problems
I did (setting up modem, sound card, etc), but because he was
using RH and not Debian I couldn't directly help him on some of
these problems.  The RH propaganda about them being easier to
setup and use is plain BS.  Whether the setup is easy or not
depends entirely on the hardware the newbie's computer has.

--
Ed C.