RE: upgrading perl

As far as I have been able to find out the best thing to do is to wait until
the other packages has "caught up" with this Perl upgrade, at least a week or
so. I tried to find out how to work arond this, but it didn't seem  worth
while, so I will just put upgrades on hold for a week or so hoping the Perk
dependencies are fixed by then.

On 05-Jul-99 Max wrote:
> Can anyone suggest how I can upgrade perl to 5.005 without dselect
> forcing me to remove something like 150 packages?  It seems that
> perl-5.005-base conflicts with perl but doesn't provide it.
> Consequently, all the packages that depend on perl want to uninstall
> themselves.  Any clues?
>
> Please cc me on the replies.
>
> Thanks,
>     Max
>
> --
> The hopeful depend on a world without end
> Whatever the hopeless may say
>      Neil Peart, 1985

Regards,
Christian Dysthe