Re: Can't write to an nfs export

Mark Brown wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 08:40:52AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
>
> > Yet when I try to create a directory or copy a file, etc I get
> > "Permission Denied" errors.
>
> Are you trying to do this as root?  As a security measure, NFS defaults
> to converting all accesses from root to accesses from the user nobody.
> To enable access as root, add no_root_squash to the options in
> /etc/exports.

and don't forget user id mapping may confilct, too. if you try to access a
nfs-mounted device, you may read/write with client's permissions, but that
do not neccesarely be the same than on nfs-server. you will have to take
shure about same uid on both machines or on appropriate uid-mapping, see
manpage  (mount, nfs ...)

 gerhard