XTerm and marking text

I'm coming from SuSE and one thing I noticed is that I'm no longer
able to mark text in "scrolled-up" xterm windows. Eg. I cat a file,
scroll up with Shift-PgUp and then tries to mark something with
either double-clicking or dragging the mouse over the text with the
left mousebutton pressed. Nothing is marked at all. I'm able to mark
text in non-scrolled-up xterms.

This has always worked for me in all other distributions I've been
running. Any ideas? This is on a potato system running enlightenment.

$ dpkg -l xterm enlightenment-nosound
ii  xterm           3.3.3.1-9      X terminal emulator
ii  enlightenment-n 0.15.5-1       The Enlightenment Window Manager
with

--Tomas Pihl                                   Another GNU/Debian user
tomas@pihl.org