Can't write to an nfs export

Let me preface by saying I don't know what I'm doing....

By tinkering, I've been able to figure out how to make one of my linux
boxes serve a(n) nfs volume(?), and to get the other box to mount that
exported nfs volume. My exports file on the first box has the simple
entry:

/ westk02(rw)

which I thought would export my entire directory structure from my first
box to my second (westk02) with read/write (rw) access.

Yet when I try to create a directory or copy a file, etc I get
"Permission Denied" errors.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!