Re: Serious install problems - please help urgently

On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 08:40:14PM +1000, Jason Carley wrote:
> Hi guys.  I am really struggling here with the install of slink. Any help greatly appreciated as I am being forced to run Win95.
>
> I boot up OK and get through to the point where we reboot the base system. Then I run the pkgsel where I select dialup home user profile and launch into dselect.
>
> Here is where I run into trouble.
>
> I go to the access method and choose multi-cd.  I have the linux-central 2 binary cd set. This seems to be OK until I am asked where to find the packages.gz (?) file a number of times. I have tried all permutations of /debian /debian/dists, /debian/dist
s/slink/main/binary-i386 but get some errors for some packages.

> I have tried adding the second CD in at this point but that doesn't seem to help I still get some errors. I then go to update the list of packages and get numerous errors and an install stops very early. If the first cd is in the drive I install perl bu
t that is it. If the second is in the drive I get errors relating to the finding of a file in /var/something.

> I have ben trying to get this to work for some time. There has to be a simpler way than this for the distribution to install dosen't there? I am about to go back to SuSE in spite of my wish to try debain. Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong
. It seems to be related to the 2 cd problemn but I just don't know. HELP.

Try it without the leading slash (debian/dists/...)

Bob