Re: Serious install problems - please help urgently

> I go to the access method and choose multi-cd.  I have the linux-central
> 2 binary cd set. This seems to be OK until I am asked where to find the
> packages.gz (?) file a number of times. I have tried all permutations of
> /debian /debian/dists, /debian/dists/slink/main/binary-i386 but get some
  ^^^^^^^
If my memory serves, with my cheapbyte Debian 2.1 slink, I simply accept
the default [debian] and it works for me. [note: without "/", ie debian
not /debian]

> I have tried adding the second CD in at this point but that doesn't seem

Use your "binary 1" when installing kernal and base system. Insert "binary
2" only when you arrive dselect (after you pick up a profile) and before
selecting [Access] and [Update]. Afterward, dselect will prompt you for
the correct CD if you don't have the right one in you drive (either 1/2 or
2/2).

Good luck.

Hau Hing