Re: Problems with new hardware

> > I am looking for pointers as to log files that might indicate the problem.
> > It is possible that I have not set everything up exactly right for the
> > motherboard and CPU  chip.  I am using an IWILL XA100P motherboard with an
> > AMD K6-3 400 CPU, with 256MB RAM.
I've got a similar machine.  (Epox MB instead of IWILL)
And I can't keep my box alove longer than 2-3 days.
It just stops completely.  Not even the magic SysRQ keys work. :-(
I tried to analyze the hardware parts that might be causing this,
but so far I had no luck.  This morning I took out the TV-card (Hauppauge)
to see whether that's the bad guy, but who knows...

> Nice setup!  What video card are you using?
I've got a Diamond Viper 550 AGP.

> What Xserver?
SVGA

> In the mean time, you might want to make sure your video card isn't sharing
> it's irq with any other devices.
Hm, why is that?!?  I've got all my PCI/ISA slots filled up, so that
some PCI cards have to share IRQs.  And my AGP card is always sharing
it's interrupt with the first PCI slot, which holds the network card.

I would be very surprised to hear that Linux doesn't like shared IRQs?!?

Thanks a lot,
 Andy.

--
 E-Mail: Andy@spiegl.de     URL: http://andy.spiegl.de