Re: X11: Zoom not working since upgrade to slink

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 12:38:13AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote
> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Ulrik Haugen wrote:
>
> > * Johann Spies <jhspies@futurenet.co.za>:
> > > # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> mode switching
> > > # sequences.  This allows clients to receive these key events.
> > >
> > > #    DontZoom
> > >
> > > The mode-switching is not working although the above lines are an exact
> > > copy of the relevant part of my XF86Config.
> >
> > Just some obvious things that you've probably thought of already;
> > * Does it say 'DontZoom' on a line somewhere else in the file that _isn't_
> >   commented out?
>
> No.
>
> > * Do you have more than one videomode?
>
> Yes
>
> That is my problem.  According to what I understand it should work.

It may be worth checking in /var/log/xdm.log to verify that you *really do*
have more than one video mode available.  I have a NEC Multisync 2A upstairs
that claims to do 31.5 & 35.15KHz; on some versions of XFree I've had to
specify the horizontal ranges as "31.5,35.1-35.2" to get 800x600, on others
"31.5,35.15" works.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au