Re: I need some info/piece of mind before installing linux

Mounting an MS-DOS filesystem should work - I was doing that until I
realised you could do VFAT.  You'll just be without your
long filenames.

There is a Windows 'emulator' called "WINE" for Linux but it's not 100%
reliable and is still listed as a developer's-only alpha release to the
best of my knowledge.

I believe there is a UNIX win emulator called WAPI, but it's commercial
and I don't know how much it would cost.

Wahoo!  My first opportunity to *give back* to this list. :)