Re: Name of "Select and Install Profiles" program?

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 10:16:31PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "KS" == Kevin Septor <abamfici@home.com> writes:
>
> KS> program pops up allowing you to choose between tasks or profiles
> KS> and it then passes that info on to dselct so that you don't have
> KS> to tool around with 2000+ plus packages on your own.
>
> KS> Well I seemed to of blown by that screen (again) without getting
> KS> the name of it and I can't seem to find it on my own,
>
> It is deleted after the run. I think, because you can do harm
> (conflicts in the selection) if you use it after having
> selected/deselected packages on your own.

As somewhat of a minimalist, I felt that it installed way too much, even
with the choices that sounded small. The first thing I did was go into
dselect and choose what to delete.  I have done subsequent installs the
old way, by using dselect, although with the number of packages growing
the way it is, this is probably a bit intimidating for a newbie.

Bob