Help with networking a new install

/* newbie alert */

Okay, so I've got a 486, complete with fd0, hda, and a NetGear EA201 ISA
network card (NE2000 compatible). To connect to the network, I have to
use DHCP (or at least, that's what they tell me). I couldn't figure out
how to use DHCP in the slink install, so I used floppies for the base
install. Now I'd like to be able to get on the network and get the rest
of the system, but I have no idea how to do this. I've tried insmodding
8390.o and ne.o, but when I try ne.o, it can't find the card, no matter
what i/o i use. I know the card works.

Is there a way to use DHCP in the install, and for it to detect which IO
address the card uses, and if there is, how? Also, (more preferrably,)
how do I load the card and start up DHCP once the base system is
installed?

Thanks for any help,
Eric