Re: Help with networking a new install

Try this:

1) find out what irq and i/o address the card is using.  If it's a PnP, use
whatever setup software/jumper is needed to force it into a free irq and
i/o address

2) edit /etc/modules so that it contains
ne.o io=0x240,irq=10   (using whatever io and irq that you set the card to)
and follow the instructions at the top of the file regarding "auto"

This should get the card working.  As for DHCP, I can't help.

good luck