Configuring exim

I'm using Demon Internet as my ISP, as you can probably guess.
Demon automatically sends email via SMTP if the port is open (as
far as I can tell), but there is now an optional POP3 service
available. Since I'd much rather use fetchmail on its own than
fetchmail and exim, I'd like to configure exim to not receive mail
from Demon's servers. I can't work out how to do this from the
exim docs - can anyone help?
--
alisdair mcdiarmid
[i won't tear again i won't breathe in the shards of what is left]