Re: Can I get the .deb files that I currently have installed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
To: Mark Wright <mwright@pro-ns.net>
Date: Monday, June 14, 1999 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: Can I get the .deb files that I currently have installed.

|"Mark Wright" wrote:

|> I want to be able to replicate my current Debian installation, by
collecting
|> all of the .deb files that I currently have installed.
|
|$ dpkg --get-selections > debian.selections
|
|copy debian.selections file over to other Debian machine and:
|
|$ dpkg --set-selections < debian.selections

That's not really what I'm looking for.  What I want is not the list of
.deb's, but the .debs themselves.  What I'm trying to do is to create a ZIP
disk which holds everything I need to replicate my setup.  If I do the
above, I still need to get the .debs when I'm at the second machine, which
may or may not have a network connection or a CDROM.

Mark.
---
Mark Wright
mwright@pro-ns.net