Boot-floppy for Linux+NT

I am having the following problem:

 I have Linux Debian 2.1 + Windows NT 4.0
 I have followed the instructions in the minihowto and got the
 NT to give the menu to choose either NT or Linux. However
 I cannot mark the Linux partition bootable: this gives an error
 on boot up. I have another machine with OS2 boot manager, and I
 mark the Linux partition as well as the MBR bootable.

   This is no problem by itself, but unfortunately, when I copied
   zImage to a floopy, this seems to require that the Linux partition
   be marked bootable. If this is not done, on boot up the machine
   says it did not find a boot sector on floppy and proceeds to
   give the menu choices.

  I tried, changing the lilo.conf to boot=/dev/fd0, and then running
  lilo. After this I changed the lilo conf to /boot=/dev/sda2. THis
  made no difference.

  Is is pottisble to have a bootable floppy  with NT and Linux?

  Thanks.

  Sebastian Canagaratna
  Department of Chemistry
  Ohio NOrthern University