Re: slink with glibc2.1

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Raj Manandhar wrote:

> Is there any way of trying out the libc2.1 package from potato without
> upgrading everything to potato? I tried a simple dpkg -i on the .deb,
> but one needs apt>0.3, and that apt requires libc2.1.

Well, you could always grab the sources from potato and compile them under
slink.

You could also use vmware to install potato, or you could create a chroot
and install potato in there. For a chroot, you'd grab the base2_?.tgz
from ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/disks-ARCH/current/ (where
ARCH is your archetecture), untgz it into a subdir of /usr/local, cd to
the subdir, and "chroot ." as root. Then you could update that to potato
without affecting the rest of your system.