local news spool

Hi!

I read news on a couple of news servers, and would want to combine those to
be able read it at home. I need to fetch the news manually, since I can't
get nntp feeds from them. I also would like to set up so that some of the
mailing lists that I subscribe to are automatically converted to news spools
in the same location.

And of course, when I reply in the local news spool, it should send the news
to the appropriate server (or mailing lists).

This mirroring should be done as often as possible (I have a direct
connection to the Internet, so that is not a problem).

What program(s) should I install?

I'm running slink at the moment, haven't had courage enough to switch over
to potato yet.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/