Re: apt-get is correcting dependencies--still!

Will Lowe wrote:

> I've noticed similar things once in a while;  apt will get stuck sometimes
> if you interrupt it while it's working.  This usually works for me:

[snip]

Will,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestions but I am still having problems. I can't seem to
install any of the problematic packages either manually or with apt-get.
They fail when configuration begins.  I am also unable to remove the
offending packages with dpkg -r or --purge. I keep getting the following
error message

  Selecting previously deselected package dotfile-rtin.
  (Reading database ... dpkg: error processing dotfile-rtin_0.02-5.1.deb
(--install):
  files list file for package `dotfile-rtin' is truncated
  dotfile-rtin_0.02-5.1.deb
  Processing was halted because there were too many errors.

How can I get rid of these files and start fresh? Do you know where this
files list file is located?

These little problems are keeping me from running apt-get at all.

Thanks again for your help
--
                                         __   _
Mark Wagnon             Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __