Re: apt-get is correcting dependencies--still!

>   # dpkg --configure -a
>
> and got everything but three packages configured. So I did a

I've noticed similar things once in a while;  apt will get stuck sometimes
if you interrupt it while it's working.  This usually works for me:

kill apt (via CTRL-C or "kill" or whatever)
Run

# dpkg -- configure --pending

... dpkg will attempt to configure those remaining three.  It'll fail,
too, but that's ok -- as it fails, it'll tell you what's wrong ("Can't
configure xxx because xxx pre-depends on yyy", etc ...).  Pick one of the
three, and fix its dependencies by hand (download yyy and install it).

# dpkg --configure xxx

and try again:

# apt-get -f install

if it fails, fix the dependencies on the next broken package and try it
again.  With only three packages in that state, it's not so bad.

I'll be at work most of the day;  drop me a line if you have more
questions.

						Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
|         And if you hold on tight to what you think is your thing       |
|                you may find you're missing all the rest ...            |
|	         - Dave Matthews,  "Best of What's Around"               |