Re: Mozilla is..errm..slow?

On 04-Jun-99 Jim Foltz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried Mozilla Milestone 6 and found it nearly as fast as Netscape 4.5.
> have an AMD K-5 133 with 32 megs mem and 120 megs swap. M6 is noticeably
> faster than M5, BTW, though it still crashed a lot.
>
> It will run faster when they compile with the debugging directives
> removed. I am looking forward to M7, due in a few days.

then the problem is probably my machine (AMD K6 350 with 128MB RAM running
potato with 75 megs of mostly unused wap). On my machine it is noticeably slower
than Netscape 4.6, and frankly annoying to sit and "wait" on. I will try to
purge the packages and reinstall to see if that helps.

Regards,
Christian Dysthe
Email: cdysthe@bigfoot.com
http://www.bigfoot.com/~cdysthe