Re: AMD K6 2 - 350. New install. Some doubts...

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

>     Hi all.
>     I bought an AMD K6 250 and it seems to come with a lot of hardware
> within it:
>     a sound board, modem, video, ...
>     but the software is for Windows and with few documentation...
>     I have some doubts:
>     1) My old modem worked only with isapnp and then setserial.
>     How to automate on boot setserial settings given by isapnp?

 Editing the boot scripts. It depends on exactly what you want to do.

>     2) The sound board seems to be PCI Sound PRO? Is there support in
> Linux for this?

 Are you using your old Soundblaster or the onboard sound? It's not clear
from your message. I think you'll need to find out some more details about
the sound chipset before we can determine if Linux supports it.

>     3) The video board is a Sis.
>     The following is my pci:
>

> [05:23:14]paulo@phantasy:~$cat /proc/pci
[...]
>   Bus  0, device   2, function  0:
>     PCI bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems 5591/5592 AGP (rev 0).
>       Fast devsel.  Master Capable.  No bursts.  Min Gnt=4.

 According to XFree86, the SiS 5997 chipset is supported. I have no idea
if this is close enough to that to work. Take a look at www.xfree86.org.

>   Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
>     VGA compatible controller: Trident TG 9660 / Cyber9385 (rev 211).

 I assume that you're currently using a Trident video card?

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735          ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no
           God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
                          - Thomas Jefferson