Re: new wmaker package?

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 09:06:01PM +0200, Thomas Keusch wrote:

> Now that I've updated, I found out WindowMaker in slink and potato are the
> same version, so my problems still persist.

nope, they are not.  Slink has 0.20.3; potato has 0.53.0.  The version in
potato is compiled on a slink system, but that's another thing.

> As this version (0.5x.x) has been available for some time, I keep wondering
> why there is no more recent package available, in particular because I think
> WindowMaker is quite popular.

Because:

a) none of the reported bugs have been fixed.  I've been looking at some of
   them, but haven't had the time to fix them proper.

b) there are some upstream patches, but none of them fix any important bugs,
   IMO.

c) I haven't been able to reproduce some of the reported bugs

If you report a bug (where you can tell me what problems are you having with
the current version) I'll be more than happy to look into it.

Marcelo