Re: Debian installation - list of things that make it hard

Christensen wrote:
> Now I feel foolish!  I had no idea I was supposed to use disk 2 for
> dselect.  Could that be why there seem to be pieces missing from my
> installation, like the mouse driver?  After getting a helpful email from
> Flip@octoraro I added "psaux" to the /etc/modules file, and now my mouse
> works.  But maybe I should just start all over again!

	Well, you're supposed to put in disk 2 for it to decide which
Packages are available.  Then it makes you switch back to Disk 1 for the
actual install.  So Disk 2 is in the drive for maybe half a minute.  Ever.
(That's what I found so crazy).

	Given that install worked for you my guess (only as a fellow newbie)
is you did fine.  You might have played a little fast and loose with the
mouse setup that happens in the [C]onfig stage.
	In principle, if you don't know which packages' configuration you
might have screwed up, I would assume only a fresh install would make sure
you got them taken care of.  Alternatively, (and I'm really speculating here)
you could wait for the periodic package to break, and reconfigure on the
fly.

		- Brian