Re: Debian installation - list of things that make it hard

A final note on this thread--I tried re-installing Debian because during
the first installation I remembered seeing messages about not being able
to find the package.cd files.  It turned out that when I used the scan
option it found the ones for "main" and "contrib," but not the ones for
"non-free," "non-US," or "local."  (So I guess they're optional, and
maybe available only from a download???)  And it never prompted me to
insert the second disk.  When I tried to switch disks the CD drawer
wouldn't open.  (This has never happened before.  I guess the
installation procedure ties up the device somehow?)

Anyway, I bought the CD's from Cheapbytes.  They're a set of four:  two
binary and two source.  The two binary CD's seem to be almost duplicates
of each other.  (#1 has tools, #2 has FAQ's, plus other seemingly minor
differences.)  The Linux that I installed works OK (from my extremely
limited perspective as a total newcomer!).  So I'm wondering:  what's
the reason for that second disk?  (When I installed I tried both
second CD.)

Peter