Scanners: Compatibility with Linux

I'm about to buy a scanner and am likely to buy either an
Epson, Agfa or Umax scanner.
I have a few questions:
1. Where's the SANE webpage - I've tried http://www.mostang.com/sane/
but it doesn't seem to be there.

2. Should I get USB, Parallel Port or SCSI?
I've already got a ZIP drive and printer on the parallel port, so
was wondering if it was a good idea to hang yet another device off it.
The SCSI scanners appear to be quite a bit more expensive. USB
ones are comparable with the parallel port ones, but is the USB
support in Linux good enought yet?

3. Does anyone have any comments on the Umax 1220 series, Epson
GT-7000 or Agfa ScanSnap 1212 series scanners?

Thanks in advance

Bill Denton