Re: Linux Kernel Version?

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Dave Evanson wrote:
> Hello,
> Just reading your FAQ's and cna't find out what Linux Kernel version
> that Slink uses...I have downloaded Slink, and I want to use Linux
> drivers for my Token Ring NIC, the only problem is that the manufacturer
> only lists compatibility by Linux version, not by any particular
> distribution...

As far as I understand, Slink is kernel version 2.0.36 "straight out of
the box", but you can use almost any kernel version with debian.

I'm currently working at PC-IT 99 (in Brisbane, Australia), and one of the
companies there sells UPS systems, and they also have a software package
to deal with thier UPS system, it runs under Linux kernel 2.x.x.. which is
why I'm probably going to purchase from them, at least then I won't have
to have a Windows system on the UPS to monitor/set or otherwise deal with
the Ups..

Hope this helps,
	Peter Ludwig