RES: Scanners: Compatibility with Linux

> 2. Should I get USB, Parallel Port or SCSI?
> I've already got a ZIP drive and printer on the parallel port, so
> was wondering if it was a good idea to hang yet another device off it.
> The SCSI scanners appear to be quite a bit more expensive. USB
> ones are comparable with the parallel port ones, but is the USB
> support in Linux good enought yet?

	By all means SCSI is superior.  USB won't get much data thru,
otherwise it is OK; but the Linux support isn't quite here yet.

	Parallel shouldn't be used for anything besides printers.  Even you
Zip Drive would breath better in a SCSI, USB or 1394 port.

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs (Brasil) Ltda