Re: Broken libtiff3g-dev

On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 05:29:51PM -0400, Ian Peters wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 10:28:21PM -0400, James Mastros wrote:
> > Looking at libtiff3g-dev's postinst, it's trivial -- and it appears that it
> > will die with error if /usr/sbin/dhelp_parse dosn't exist or "$1" !=
> > configure.  I've filed a bug against libtiff3g-dev; it will probably be
> > fixed shortly.
>
> Hmm.  Ok, a new version has come out, and things are still looking
> ugly.  When I tried to just let dselect/apt work it out, it still
> didn't install.  I've given a try with dpkg again (this is with the

Same here. I've attempted to remove it, but it won't go.

> BTW I have tried to use the man pages and internet references.  I
> would have thought that --force-remove-reinstreq would help, but it
> hasn't.

Me too. I can't get that option to work for some reason. It keeps complaining
about needing an action option.

I don't really need it now as I won't be compiling gnome (thought I'd need it
for that).
--
| Jason Murray - jmurray (at) computer (dot) org                          |