Unable to boot from Sec.Slave IDE drive - Help!

Hi,

I am using Debian2.0 on /dev/hdc(Secondary Master)without any problems.
Recently I added a new 4.2G HD and wanted to add Linux to this new
/dev/hdd(Secondary Slave).

I get to the point of the installation process where it says 'Make Linux
Bootable Directly from Hard Drive', I select 'Yes' and then get this
messsage:
------------------ Problem -----------------------
With your current configuration, LILO will try to boot
from a disk that is not your first IDE or SCSI disk.
It's possible that your BIOS doesn't support that

Do you want to install LILO anyway ?
          (Yes)    (No)

I selected 'Yes' and a message popped up saying:

/dev/hdd1 is not the first IDE disk.
Warning: BIOS drive Ox82 may not be accessible.

My configuration is as follows:

/dev/hdd1   / (root)   Primary part.
/dev/hdd2   unused     Primary part.
/dev/hdd5   /home      Logical part.
/dev/hdd6   /usr       Logical part.
/dev/hdd7   /swap      Logical part.

Questions:
1) I am managing to boot from /dev/hdc(Sec.Master) and both Linux
and my BIOS is not complaining. Why is it failing when I try to
boot from /dev/hdd(Sec.Slave) ?

I am using System Commander as the boot manager. I can boot with a
boot floppy and get to /dev/hdd with no problem.

Pls help.
Rathon.