Re: Time Command error in Slink? FIXED!!

	Subject: Re: Time Command error in Slink?
	Date: Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 02:31:13PM -0600

Quoting Gary L. Hennigan(glhenni@cs.sandia.gov):
> Wayne Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com> writes:
> | I have found a problem when using the time command.  From the man page
> | -o FILE, --output=FILE
> | -a, --append
> |
> | So the command 'time -a -o log makebzImage' should log the time used
> | to compile the kernel (in this example) to the file 'log'.  What is
> | does instead is : bash: -a: command not found  Then reports the time
> | when the compile completes.  Nothing is appended to the log file.
>
> "time" is also a Bash builtin command. To use the utility you're
> trying to get at specify the entire path, e.g., on a slink system,
> /usr/bin/time.

Doh! :-(  That was it alright!  Time command works if used with the
complete path!

Thanks to Gary and Christopher for pointing out, so nicely, that I
should pull my head out.  Sheesh, sorry about the waste of bandwidth guys.

Forest for the trees!

--
Just about every computer on the market today runs Unix, except the Mac
(and nobody cares about it).