RE: 10Gb drive - only 8Gb accessible

I had the same problem with my Presario 4840 - the BIOS only sees 8G on a
drive... I ended up using Maxtor's BIOS extension software to install it,
fdisk it and format it (under DOS), then removed the Maxblast software and
it seemed to work fine... It's an extension of the 2G BIOS limitation that
used to exist and usually requires a BIOS update to solve...