Using Dselect...

Okay, since my last post about why my install was
crapping out with an error, I was able to find out the
list of programs it was giving right before the error
was the offending packages. I have trimmed out the
ones I didn't need using Dselect but it still needs
some (specifically: info and psmisc). Obviously, as a
new user I would like to have info and Dselect says
psmisc is required by proc. After more digging I found
a group at the bottom of the Dselect list: "Removed
and no longer available packages." This group
contains: bin86, binutils, bison, egcc,
electric-fence, flex, g++, gcc, gdb, kernel-headers-2,
kernel-source-2, <b>libc6-dev</b>, libgdbmg1-dev,
libncurses4-dev, libstdc++2.8, libstdc++2.9-dev, make,
ncurses3.4, rcs.

psmisc and info need 'make' and 'ncurses3.4' and x11
needs 'libc6-dev'. I have browsed my
dists/main/binary-i386 for the right .deb's and they
appear to be there. I tried forcing a 'dpkg -i'
install but Dselect still doesn't see them.

What do I do now?

===
Michael Friddell
friddell@earthlink.net