Re: setting dns values

	Subject: setting dns values
	Date: Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 06:39:31PM +0300

Quoting Micha Feigin(michf@math.tau.ac.il):
> Where do i write the dns values for dialup connections, and how do i
> specify deferent dns values for deferent connections ?
> Thanx

Nameservers are put into /etc/resolv.conf like:

domain mindspring.com

nameserver      207.69.188.285
nameserver      207.69.188.186

AFAIK only the first 2-3 entries are used.  Any nameservers (even if
not your ISO,s) are used.  It would seen to be faster if they matched
your ISP tho.  I know of no way ( or need) to switch based on which
ISP you connect to.  I see no noticable difference here using
nameservers from other ISP's.

HTH`

--
Nobody said computers were going to be polite.
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com>