getting WP to run in Potato

Hi.  After much struggle getting the file itself, I've finally
installed WP 8.  Unforunately, I am having some trouble with it.  When
I first installed it, the program refused to find the library
libXpm.so.4 even though that exact file was in /usr/X11R6/lib, a
directory which is (of course) in my ld.so.conf.  So, to remedy this, I
made a symbolic link (with the same name, of course) to /usr/lib.  Now
the program segfaults :-p  I made a stacktrace, but I can't really
understand what's going on...  If anyone's interested in seeing it, let
me know.  I am running a mostly potatofied Debian system with a 2.2.6
kernel on a K6-2 450 system with 128 MB RAM.  Suggestions are very
welcome.

-Chris