samba/network neighborhood question

I just got Samba installed and it seems to be working fine.  But it
doesn't always show up in my Network Neighborhood under Win95.  Both the
Debian machine and Win95 machine are on the same subnet and both are in
a workgroup called "linux."   I've made several changes to my smb.conf
file, and consequently restarted the debian machine a few times.
Sometimes it shows up in Network Neighborhood, and sometimes it
doesn't.  Sometimes it will show up later, but not immediately.

So my question is, what makes it show up (or not) in Network
Neighborhood?

I can see the Debian machine if I do a search for it with Win95
(start/find/computer/name).  And for now I've just placed a shortcut to
it on my desktop to keep from having to search every time.

If anyone can shed any light, I would certainly appreciate it.

Ben Frame
frameb@wabash.edu