Re: samba/network neighborhood question

Funny..Just my experiences on the samba subject. I've recently moved my
network to a new apartment. Worked perfectly for a while, then my single
win98 machine began having troubles connecting to the samba server.
Sometimes the server wouldn't show up, sometimes the 'network' would be
down, sometimes it couldn't browse the network at all. And through it all
I could still access the internet from the machine. (Samba box also the
network gateway)
I actually had to threaten to reinstall windows on the win98 box before it
started working again. No settings tweaking or rebooting helped. I
actually had to go look for the installation CD to make it work again. I
still have no idea what the 'problem' was or how it was 'fixed'.