Hardware advice

Hello,

I'm just getting started using Linux. Actually, I'm expecting my Slink CD's to arrive any day now. I'm upgrading an old PC I have to install Debian on. I'm on a real tight budget, but I don't want to spend my money on hardware that won't be appropriate.

I've found a 1.2 G hard drive for a reasonable price. I know that this is more than adequate size for the OS, but is it a reasonable size   for a typical system. Basically, do you people who use this OS regularly recommend a bigger drive?

The system I intend to install this on is a 60Mhz Pentium with 16 M ram. I realize that this would be the minimum for a reasonable Win 95 setup, but is it reasonable for a Linux setup?

Brad Stevenson, CET
Product Development & Support
NCA Microelectronics
506-634-5014