Re: HELP! All SCSI, no is09660 fs

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Tony Crawford wrote:

> David B.Teague wrote (on 13 Apr 99, at 21:58):
> >
> > ... how do I hack the .config to get [the iso9660] fs?
>
> If you wanna go that last route, open /usr/src/linux/.config and
> find:
> #
> # Filesystems
> #
> CONFIG_QUOTA=y
> CONFIG_MINIX_FS=y
[snip]
> CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=m
>
> That last one should begin with no hash mark, and end with =y or =m.

Thanks, Tony, I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get an answer.

I just looked, these lines are present

#
# Filesystems
#
CONFIG_QUOTA=y
CONFIG_MINIX_FS=y
# CONFIG_EXT_FS is not set
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
# CONFIG_XIA_FS is not set
CONFIG_NLS=m

But there is NO line containing

 CONFIG_ISO9660_FS

in my config file. I thought that strange. The obious thing
to do now is to add that line in the position, then compile
the kernel.

I'll try that, and many thanks for this suggestion. I didn't
know the syntax for the iso9669 file system line. (But perhaps
that syntax should have been obvious? ;)

Again many thanks.

--David
David Teague dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because the support is fast, useful, and free.
                 Because software stability should be the norm.