Cdrom Problems

Hello,

I want to install Debian from my CD-Rom (the Base system I already installed from floppy's), but Debian does not want me to: it does not recognize my CD-Rom. I have an unknown brand - Megabitz, model 8000 AT - which says to be "PIN-Compatible" with the Sony CDU31a. So, I tried all sorts of settings with the cdu31a driver, but none of these worked. I also tried other drivers (cdrom, sbpcd etc.) but nothing was successful yet. Has anybody got an idea what else I can do?