vmware and kernel header mismatches...

hey.

i've compiled and installed my own kernel for ages with debian.  currently
i'm running 2.2.5 with no problems until now.

i'm trying to install vmware which looks really cool (http://www.vmware.com)
but running into this problem.  because it doesn't have a module for my
kernel already setup it wants to build one but claims that:

	Whoa, something is wrong with the system include files on your
	machine! The file <linux/version.h> is for a 2.0.36 Linux system but
	you are running a 2.2.2 kernel.  This will not work for building the
	VMware device drivers; you must have include files that match the
	version of your operating system.

it appears that i've got some default debian headers which aren't updated
when i compile my kernel.  what is the approved way for me to fix this so i
won't break anything?

thanks,
adam.