Re: vmware and kernel header mismatches...

*- On 13 Apr, Adam Shand wrote about "vmware and kernel header mismatches..."

> hey.
>
> i've compiled and installed my own kernel for ages with debian.  currently
> i'm running 2.2.5 with no problems until now.
>
> i'm trying to install vmware which looks really cool (http://www.vmware.com)
> but running into this problem.  because it doesn't have a module for my
> kernel already setup it wants to build one but claims that:
>
> 	Whoa, something is wrong with the system include files on your
> 	machine! The file <linux/version.h> is for a 2.0.36 Linux system but
> 	you are running a 2.2.2 kernel.  This will not work for building the
> 	VMware device drivers; you must have include files that match the
> 	version of your operating system.
>
> it appears that i've got some default debian headers which aren't updated
> when i compile my kernel.  what is the approved way for me to fix this so i
> won't break anything?
>
> thanks,
> adam.

Check the debian-user archives at www.debian.org, this topic has been
covered several times in the last month or so.

--
Brian
							   - unknown

Mechanical Engineering                                bservis@usa.net