Re: Emacs

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 11:00:36AM -0500, debina@grey-cat.com wrote:

> I think my recommendation as far as xemacs vs emacs goes is that, for
> a new emacs user, xemacs offers that one advantage of GUIs -- little
> pull down menus that help you use the editor before you learn all the

GNU Emacs offers pull down menus too these days.  XEmacs does have the
supreme advantage of a toolbar full of pretty icons, though.

> I think the best part about emacs is that you can run it on windows --
> and using it to navigate the file structure, delete, rename, and move
> files is simply a *joy* (well, compared to being stuck in windows in
> the first place).

There are also DOS/Windows versions of vi.  "Why are you using vi?"
"Well, it's easier...".  They're much easier to fit on a small disk or
quota, too.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/