kern pkg 2.0.34 doesn't offer is09660 fs

Hi Debian Folk, Carl and Jason:

My system is a 486-66, 16 MB RAM, SCSI only 1Gig HD,
SCSI  CD ROM, SCSI tape. Runs Debian 1.1

I crashed this 1.1 system Good Friday. I HAD to have it
back up quickly, so I installed from 2.0 CDs I have, since
I only had slow  phone connection to the outside world.

To get ppp, I rebuilt the kernel. That worked well. However
I did not notice until the system refused access to my CD
ROM drive that I did not have CD ROM access. In fact, I tried
to reconfigure to get iso9660 file system support.

I am  NEVER offered an iso9660 filesystem by the kernel
package's make config nor make menuconfig. It appears
iso9660 support for SCSI disks is not an option. I am
ceratin this pessimisitic attitude is not correct.

I have the following kernel related packages installed,
according to dpkg -l

ii  kernel-headers- 2.0.32-5       Linux kernel headers.
ii  kernel-image-2. custon.1.0     Linux kernel binary image.
ii  kernel-package  4.11           Debian Linux kernel package build
				   	scripts.
ii  kernel-source-2 2.0.34-4       Linux kernel source.

HELP! Please! I need to get to the CD ROM other that through
the MS DOS Side of the system. I have several more packages
I'd like to install, and I would like to upgrade to 2.1,
once my CDs arrive.

David Teague dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux