Re: Hello, and X & DHCP setup questions...

Hi Jim,
  Try running XF86Setup. It gives you a nice graphical install screen. Also, in
/usr/doc/xserver-common,  there are various readme's that will help you.
They are gziped, so use gunzip Monitors.gz to un-gunzip it.

As far as dhcp goes, it you want to use it for you ethernet card, i believe the
syntax is 'dhcpcd eth0'.

Cheers,
Ajit

> Does anyone have any quick pointers on how to get started with X Windows?
The X11R6 configuration files are missing in the choices I have made.  Are
there Debian packages that contain some new ones?   I have a Pentium II, with
an OptiQuest Q71 19" monitor, and super VGA. > Also, I would like to get DHCP
running.  I downloaded the standard DHCP package, but the configuration fails.
Has anyone done this?  What is the procedure for this? >  > Thank you!